| Well it's official - semester S20 is about to begin and here are some important dates for your calendars:
Midcoast Community Chorus Opens Registration for June Concert
Midcoast Community Chorus (MCC) welcomes singers of all ages and abilities - with none, some, or a lot of singing experience - to register for the Spring 2020 semester of weekly rehearsals. An audition is not required. Registration-in-person occurs on the first two rehearsal Mondays, February 24 and March 2, from 5:00 to 6:00 pm at the First Congregational Church, 55 Elm Street, Camden. Rehearsals occur from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. All sheet music is provided to singers, who may also access practice tracks on the chorus management website. Singers may register online by going to www.mccsings.org and click sequentially the tabs: Sing!, Community Chorus, and Chorus Registration. It is optional to purchase the semester sheet music. Registration for the semester is $80. Scholarships are available. The semester culminates in a concert on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
Performing for over ten years, MCC gives an opportunity to sing to anyone who wishes to sing, in the belief that the voice is the sound of the soul, all voices deserve to be heard, and singing together builds community. You are invited to join about one hundred singers between ages 13 to 95 to sing under the direction of Steven Weston, Artistic Director, accompanied by Sean Fleming, Assistant Director. The music selection is drawn from different traditions, cultures, languages, and musical genres with the intention to provide hope, inspiration, healing, and joy to a concert audience. At every concert the audience is invited to sing a few songs together in community.
If you do not wish to register online, it is also possible to print out the online registration form and mail it before February 17 to MCC, P.O. Box 192, Rockport, ME 04856, or to complete the form and present it at registration-in-person before rehearsal on February 24 or March3. Inquiries may be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 975-0582. We will be delighted to welcome you for a joyful semester of song.
Save the Dates:
- Saturday, January 25th, 10:00am to 2:00pm - Chorale auditions or re-auditions
- Saturday, February 1st, 10:00am to 2:00pm - Chorale auditions or re-auditions
- Sunday, February 2nd - announcement of Chorale singers
- Monday, February 24th, 5:00pm - 1st chorus registration (with rehearsal at 6:00pm)
- Thursday, February 27th, 5:00pm - 1st chorale registration (with rehearsal at 6:00pm)
- Monday, March 2nd, 5:00pm - 2nd chorus registration (with rehearsal at 6:00pm)
- Thursday, March 5th, 5:00pm - 2nd chorale registration (with rehearsal at 6:00pm)
- Monday, June 15th, time TBD - Band rehearsal at Strom
- Friday, June 19th, 6:00pm - Dress rehearsal at Strom
- Saturday, June 20th, 7:00pm - S20 concert at Strom
We will post all the usual announcement of where, what, who, and how shortly, but we're so excited for our S20 semester that we just had to inform everyone!
Singing as a Community for the Community!
Midcoast Community Chorus (MCC) is a vibrant and dynamic non-profit organization providing choral programs for all ages and all voices.
We believe :
- the voice is the sound of the soul
- all voices deserve to be heard
- singing together builds community
We welcome all ages and voices to sing with us or become a member. We perform at least two concerts a year in June and January. Our concerts typically sell out and we donate the proceeds from our June concert to a chosen non-profit beneficiary doing important work in our community.
For our story, please watch our video!